- About Us
ABOUT ARIZONA TUBE ART
Bela Zoltan Lestar (aka-the Tube Torcher), previously owned a construction business in Arizona. In late 2011, with the construction business shut down, he was left with a great deal of excess steel pipe. He could not bring himself to sell it as scrap and made a candle luminary (tube) for his daughter. Everyone loved it. With this incentive, the Tube Torcher custom built a plasma-cutter to cut on the curve of the steel pipe, joined forces with his designer daughter and founded Arizona Tube Art http://aztubes.mybigcommerce.com/
Arizona Tube Art is a small family run business with a workshop in Scottsdale, Arizona where the “Tube Torcher” cuts, cleans and coats all the tubes. In addition to selling on-line, AZtubes goes on about 15 to 18 roadshows a year mostly in the southwestern part of the US. See our Facebook page for our current schedule. https://www.facebook.com/aztubes The roadshows are typically one of the following types of shows:
- Hot Air Balloon Shows (ie, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and Havasu Balloon Fair)
- Rodeos (ie, National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, Prescott Rodeo, etc.)
- Country Music Festivals (ie, Stagecoach and Country Thunder)
- Arts and Crafts juried fairs (ie, Tubac, Fountain Hills, Tucson, etc)
- Horse Shows (ie, Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show)
Made in the USA - Our tubes are metal candle holder luminaries made from re-purposed fire sprinkler steel pipe. The Tube Torcher cuts the designs into the pipe using a custom-built plasma torch. The tubes have no bottoms and slide over LED flameless candles, votive candles, or wine bottles. With over 200 designs, our tubes make perfect gifts, night lights and fun luminary or wine bottle decorations for your house/patio.
Arizona Tube Art also makes napkin/utensil holders, hanging light fixtures, wall sconces, yard-art and many custom designs using various diameters of steel pipe.
The tubes and other fixtures are available in three finishes:
- Coated – Steel pipe is cleaned and then sprayed with an automotive clear coat which makes it have a glossy, mostly black finish which is rust resistant. Minor imperfections may be present due to using re-purposed pipe.
- Rustic – Rusted steel pipe is cleaned and then sprayed with a clear matte sealer. It has a rustic, tanned leather look. Minor imperfections may be present due to using pipe that has been naturally rusted. We get this pipe from sources where it may have spent many years exposed to the elements. This gives each piece its own character.
- Copper Coated - Steel pipe is acid washed, polished, and then dipped in a copper plating solution. It's then sprayed with an automotive clear coat. It has a glossy copper finish which does not require the maintenance that is usually associated with copper.
Call us if you have any questions or would like to order a customized piece.
Thank you and we hope you enjoy our tubes!